We have been busy doing nothing for a few weeks. You moms know what I mean. I don't have a spare minute in my day, but when you ask me what I've done, well... it amounts to nothing. At least nothing noteworthy or exciting.
The Red Sox won the World Series! That is very exciting at our house. Even Scott is a convert to Red Sox Nation. Ask Shelby and Kendall to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" sometime. (We root, root, root for the Red Sox) Yes, they are brainwashed.
Halloween was fun. Our Ward and 2 others put on a carnival and trunk-or-treat every year. The kids always have a great time. I remember to eat before we go - I can't stand hot dogs. Anyway, you can tell from the pictures that it was fun.
All the kids are in the middle of parent teacher conferences. So far, I've had Tori's and Shelby's. They are of course brilliant and doing very well. Shelby's teacher said that she is one of the brightest students she has ever had. (She had Brennan and Tori as well.)
Tori has really improved her behavior, both in the classroom and on the playground. She has matured over the last 6 months or so and isn't as moody and volatile as she used to be. I haven't been to see Brennan's teacher yet, but he has had a much better year as well, so I'm expecting good things.
We will be heading to SLC for Thanksgiving at the end of the week. Kendall is into this not talking to people outside of our family (except Skyler's mommy). So don't expect much. She has been out with Grandpa Rosenlof for 3 hours and has not said a word. She is a pro.
Our older 3 sang a song for the Primary program a few weeks ago and are now in demand for the Christmas season. They sang "Love is Spoken Here" and did a fantastic job. Today, Brennan sang a duet with a girl for our Ward Choir performance and did a very good job. Its fun to have musical kids, its part genes and part osmosis. We have music all the time.
As for Scott and I. Scott was made Sunday School President last week (he gets to ring the bell!).
I've been spending a lot of time working with Jon and one of his clients so I've been busy, but I am making money so its not all bad.
That's it for now - we'll be back!

1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean by busy doing nothing. Thats why I have tons of laundry even thou I am constantly running the washer. Cute costumes. I just finished my 3rd program as chorister.wow!
Emily
Post a Comment