Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camera Amnesia and Sunburned Cheeks

For not going away on vacation this has been one hectic summer! I guess you could say we had a "staycation" - the new buzzword of choice. I have to say, we do like sleeping in our own beds every night but enjoying the fun of vacation at the same time.

Grandma D came to visit the last part of July. We had a great time!! We went all over the place. We went to the Santa Barbara Zoo where we saw some fun nature facts in action. Giraffes have big bladders and lions, well, we'll just say who knew they could move their hips like that? ;-0 We also visited the beach, the 99c store, went to a movie and one day just the adult women (Me and Mom) went up to Hearst Castle. We also went out to eat - a lot. We're good on home food for a while at least.

Of course we have absolutely no physical record of her visit because I don't take a camera anywhere - even if I mean to. Apparently, I come by that genetically, so now I have something to blame. Kendall tried to help me remember, but not until we were already in Santa Barbara.

Our cousin, Justin came for a couple of days, while Grandma was here too. We hope he had a good time. Our beach and ocean were too cold, but we had fun hanging with him anyway.

The last couple of weeks we've been lucky and scored some serious pool time thanks to our friend and piano teacher, Linda. Her granddaughter has been visiting and is Shelby's age so they have had a lot of fun playing together and we have had fun swimming in their neighborhood pool. We've also been to the beach and Avila Valley Barn together. Linda does not have camera amnesia so I may even get pictures. If I do, I'll be sure and post them. Of course all the pool and beach adventures have led to some serious sun - especially for me!! I have a fantastic tan and yesterday managed to burn my cheeks - I need to make sure I get sunscreen all the way up my legs next time. ;-)

Unfortunately, August means school is not that far away. Today we visited the school campus' and went shopping for shoes and clothes. On the upside, I'll have 3 1/2 hours to myself every day!!

No comments: