Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's been a busy week!

On Tuesday, I got to go to Hearst Castle with Brennan's class. It was really great! Here are a couple of pictures:

I had never been there although some of our family that has come to visit has. It was fascinating. We had a specialized tour and got to go up secret stairs and in passageways that normally aren't used. Our guide was a crack-up. Totally gay - and the kids were clueless and kept getting offended when he called them "girlfriend" and "dude". Hilarious! I don't think he was clued into the fact that this was a gifted class and had to answer some pretty deep questions. When he found out we were from Santa Maria he started speaking Spanish and the kids just stared at him - only 2 or 3 kids in the class even speak it. The teacher finally had to say "These kids don't understand you". Again, hilarious!! You could go up there every day for a month and still not see everything - it was great!!
On Thursday, both Brennan and Tori participated in the school talent show. Brennan played the piano (most impressively) and Tori sang "Teardrops on my Guitar" with a friend in her class, a cappella. They did a great job!! It was a very different show than last year and much more enjoyable. A couple of kids did jump roping (very impressive) and there were a few guitar players (also very impressive) and the kindergartner's did a play called the Mixed Up Alphabet. Every kid was a different letter and "Z" has a future in show biz. It was funny. Sorry, no pictures - I was a loser mom that day.
Friday, I went to watch Tori's class play, "Gold Dust or Bust". Tori had one of the 2 main lead parts and did great. I'm always amazed at how much my kids like to be in front of a crowd - totally NOT MY THING!! It was a cute play and the kids do a great job. It really is a musical, more than a play - that class has some great singers! Again, loser mom, no pictures. Scott is going next week - maybe I'll send the camera.
School gets out Wednesday. Mixed emotions for Mom. Not too sad to sleep in and have unstructured days, but I know they'll all be driving me nuts in a week. That will be OK though - Clara and her parents are coming to visit!!
If you stop by to read this, please leave comments!! It gives me validation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Blake, your brother, just commenting to make you feel validated!(sniff, sniff)All you need to do is add some tear drops to that last sentence in you blog.

JK! It sounds like things are going great. The spotlight thing obviously does not come from our side. I think thats all of us that hate the spotlight.thanks for posting! It makes you seem much closer to the fam when you do. Who knows? maybe this will force me to buy my own plane ticket and fly down. With gas it maybe cheaper.

Anonymous said...

By the way Beth, Clara's parents do have names. Sniff, Sniff, its all about Clara now. Oh I remember the day when the kids were excited to see Aunt Tauni. We can't wait to see you guys.